Service & Candidate Portal
We are continuing to be available for our applicants!
At Schaeffler, we take COVID 19 spread very seriously and we do everything possible to protect your health and the health of our employees. At the same time, we are attaching importance in continuing our recruiting processes. Therefore, we conduct job interviews as video or telephone interviews. You will receive detailed information when we schedule your interview.
Below we have compiled some questions and answers related to the application process at Schaeffler in the current situation. We wish you every success with your application. Take care of yourself and stay healthy!
FAQs on the application process and onboarding
1. Where can I get information about entry opportunities?
We provide a lot of information about entry opportunities, open positions and the application process on our career website. You can also send your questions to email@example.com, and we will of course respond quickly. The contact persons for the advertised positions can be found on the respective job advertisement.
2. Are there still career events taking place where I can get to know Schaeffler?
We have planned a number of events and trade fairs. Since your and our employee’s health is very important to us, we regularly check whether the events can take place as planned or have to be postponed or if virtual alternatives can be offered. Please feel free to inform yourself at any time via our event calendar for up-to-date information on whether and how an event will take place.
3. May I continue to apply for open positions at Schaeffler?
Yes! We are still planning to fill all currently advertised positions. We are therefore still looking forward to receiving your application and getting to know you - even in times of Corona! You can find open positions in our job search section.
4. I have already applied but have not yet received a response. When can I expect to receive a response?
Due to the current situation it may take a little longer than usual until you receive a response from us. However, we will do our best to contact you as soon as possible. For further information, you are welcome to ask the contact persons on the respective job advertisements.
5. I have already been invited for an interview at a Schaeffler location. Is this interview taking place?
To protect your health and the health of our employees, we conduct job interviews as video or telephone interviews at many locations. We will contact you in a good time. Please refer to the contact person on your invitation directly if you feel unsure
6. Can I participate in the interview virtually?
We conduct interviews via telephone or video conference. Of course, we take your wishes and time frame into account. For on-site appointments, we guarantee hygiene standards in accordance with the work safety standards for SARS-CoV-2 of the Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs.
7. Which tool is used for a video interview?
The tool used to conduct a video interview may differ depending on the business unit and location. You will receive the relevant information before the interview. If you do not have this tool at your disposal, please get in touch with your contact person so that we can check alternatives.
8. Which technical requirements do I need for a video interview?
You will need the following technical equipment to conduct a video interview:
- PC or laptop with webcam, possibly also smartphone or tablet
- Stable Internet connection
- Headset with microphone where applicable. If you do not have the necessary technical equipment or if you have concerns regarding a video interview, please contact us. There is always the possibility to conduct a telephone interview as an alternative
9. What do I have to consider for a video interview?
To be best prepared for the video interview, you should consider the following tips:
- Check in advance whether your technology is working (Internet connection, webcam, sound etc.)
- Make sure the environment is as quiet and undisturbed as possible
- Before the interview, take a look at the section of the camera and make sure that you are clearly visible
- In addition, you should prepare in the same way as for a non-virtual interview
10. I do not have the technical requirements for a video interview. Can I still have an interview?
Of course, there is always the possibility of conducting a telephone interview as an alternative.
11. I already have had my first video or phone interview. What happens now?
We will inform you about the further procedure. Please understand that due to the current situation the process may take a little longer than usual. Please refer to the contact person from the interview if you feel unsure.
12. What is the onboarding process like in the current situation?
Even in the current situation we greet new colleagues. They are made welcome on their first day of work by colleagues at the respective location and receive their work equipment in a safe environment. For many of them, the process then continues with a virtual onboarding from the home office. This enables us to continue to provide successful onboarding, which is adapted to each individual.
13. May I work as a Schaeffler employee from the home office?
Wherever possible, employees are currently working from their home office. We are technically very well equipped for this. In production and other workplaces where home office is not possible, appropriate measures for hygiene and safety are taken - in accordance with the work safety standards for SARS-CoV-2 of the Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs.
14. Do you have any further questions?
We collected the most important facts for you
We have put together questions about applications and our candidate portal for you. If you have any further questions, please contact our Schaeffler Recruiting Support.
1. Why should I apply online?
Online applications are cost-effective since you do not require an expensive application folder, do not have to pay postage and you can always find out about the current status of your application. On the other hand, we can process your application much more quickly.
In addition, once you have entered and saved your profile, you can apply for other positions listed for the Schaeffler Group at any time. Our job agent also informs you immediately as soon as a position you might find interesting becomes available.
2. How does an online application work?
You will receive a confirmation via e-mail after you have sent your application or you have approved your profile. We require the following documents from you so that we can process your application as quickly as possible: Covering letter, detailed résumé and relevant certificates and references (from school, university and current employer).
3. How do I complete the online application assistant?
There are instructions on the first page of the online application assistant and useful hints on each page also describe how each area is completed. The order in which the form is completed is not important. Please pay special attention to the mandatory fields that are labeled with an asterisk. Your application will only be visible on our system and considered for applications once you have sent it. A message is displayed on the screen and a confirmation is sent to the email address you save in the system if your application has been sent successfully.
4. Do I have to withdraw my application to add new attachments?
No. Simply upload your new documents and delete the attachments that are no longer needed.
5. How can I make a good impression when I apply for a job online?
Incomplete applications or applications that contain errors make an unfavorable impression. The same level of care should be used for an online application as for a conventional application on paper. Standard covering letters and mass applications make an undeliberated and unconvincing impression.
6. What happens during the application process?
If you have found an interesting job in our career opportunities section you can apply by clicking the “Apply” button in the job advert. If possible, please refrain from making an application on paper if the option for making an online application is available. However, you will not be at any disadvantage if you choose to send your application on paper. Your application will be carefully checked once it has been received by the Schaeffler Group’s HR department. If we think you could be a suitable candidate, we will invite you to an initial interview.
7. Can I interrupt my application and continue completing it at a later date?
You receive an email from us with your log-in details after you have registered on the candidate portal. You can use these log-in details to log on to the candidate portal at any time and continue with your application. The data you enter is, of course, stored on the system until you log in.
8. Who can view my data?
We can only view your data if you have approved your profile for viewing. When you apply for a job, the members of staff in the department and the HR coordinator responsible for the position are able to view your data. Apart from that, only you can access and edit your data. With your agreement and after your approval your profile is stored in our candidate pool and can be viewed by all HR departments in the Schaeffler Group.
9. For how long is my data stored?
You decide for how long your profile is visible on the candidate portal if you have approved your profile there. Our system will remind you to update your profile at regular intervals, or to delete it. If you do not approve your profile, your data will be deleted 6 months after completion of the application process. You can also delete all your registration details so that no one can access your profile. If you would like to make another application for a position at our company at a later date after deleting your details, you will have to enter your data into the system again. Please refer to our Data Privacy Statement for more information.
Data Privacy Statement
10. What should I do if I forget my password?
Click on the “Candidate portal (registered users)” button on the top right hand side of this page. Click “Request password” and enter your user name and/or the e-mail address you entered when you registered with the site. Our job application service will then send you a new password.
11. Which types of files can I upload as attachments?
You can upload a total of 5MB in the following file formats: doc, docx, ppt, pptx, pdf, bmp, tif, jpg. Your data is encoded using HTTPS during transfer, which means it is protected from unauthorized access. All the information in your personal application portal is available to you for any applications you make in the future.
12. Which browsers does the system support?
For proper use, we recommend using the latest Microsoft Edge Browser or Firefox. The access speed to the system depends on the speed of you device and your internet connection.
13. How do I withdraw my application?
In the candidate portal select “My applications”, highlight the application you wish to withdraw and click “Delete/Withdraw”.
14. What is the best way to prepare for an interview/assessment center?
It is important to make the appropriate preparations and plans for a job interview. Applicants should find out information about the company, the position concerned and the corporate environment. It is also important that applicants know what they would like to achieve in the future. Furthermore, arriving in good time for the interview, appropriate clothing and a groomed appearance are prerequisites for a successful interview.
Registrate or login here
In the Schaeffler candidate portal, you can register your profile with us and keep it up to date (e.g. information about your qualifications, training etc.) and check your application status.
Even if there are currently no suitable positions for you in our Job Opportunities section, it is still a good idea to register in our candidate portal:
When we advertise a suitable position, we can always access the most up-to-date version of your profile and contact you if necessary.
- The personalized section also allows you to search for vacant positions and to apply for them directly using the profile that you have registered.
- In addition, our job agent allows you to be notified immediately as soon as a position you might find interesting becomes available.