Master thesis in the field of Data & Analytics Governance (m/f/d)
Reference Code: DE-C-HZA-20-07234
The topic of the master thesis will be the design and application of semantic models for interactive language-based user interfaces in industrial contexts.
Delivering unambiguous, consistent and comprehensive information in interactive Question & Answer scenarios is a fundamental requirement for language-based user interfaces in industry. At Schaeffler, a model-based enterprise knowledge graph based on open Semantic Web standard technologies takes care of structuring the necessary information and providing access to data. Via a conversational interface users can ask about specific contents and must be provided with reliable and explainable results.
The basic prerequisite for writing a thesis is a Schaeffler non-disclosure agreement signed by the university supervisor and proof of enrollment. The position is to be filled from 11.01.2021.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Research and investigate existing approaches to deep semantic parsing and applicability for semantic models within an Industry 4.0 context
- Analyze and compare the underlying concepts, patterns, modelling paradigms and dynamics
- Evaluate and advance the identified approaches
- Create a prototypical implementation of the approaches using the W3C standards RDF(S)/OWL
- Derive guidelines and best practices for the software architecture and functionality of such language- and content-driven interactive user interfaces
- Master Student in the field of computer science or computer linguistics
- Knowledge in Software Engineering with UML; programming in Java or C#; ontology modelling; language modelling;
- Advanced knowledge in SemanticWeb fundamentals, technologies (e.g. RDF, RDFS, OWL, SPARQL), tools (e.g. GraphDB, Stardog, Jena, Protégé) and programming
- Advanced written and spoken German and/or English
If you have any questions please contact: